Thursday, July 2, 2009

FYI!!!

I wrote that other post just before hearing about the call from the Insurance company...

but here is the latest news.  After talking to the insurance company the group has decided to go on and leave.  The details are still being worked out, but the insurance company had a group in San Pedro already that has transported two other groups to the airport there, so the timing seems right.  

They will be taken to the airport in San Pedro Sula where the insurance company is working on changing their flights and tickets.  We will let you know more when we know it.  

Our family hasn't decided what to do just yet. We are still thinking and praying. We do not feel unsafe in Trujillo at all, yet we still must weigh the options and make what we think is the best decision for our family.   Until just a few min ago we have been certain we would stay here. But with the knowledge that most groups planning to coming this summer are most likely going to cancel - we'll see.....We love it here SOOO much!!  It's very difficult to decide since really Trujllo is quiet and calm.  

At present time the group is packing their things.  As of my last conversation with Jared, they weren't sure if they would be taken tonight or in the morning, logistics are still being worked out.  But we wanted to let all of you family members know what was going on and keep you informed!!

But everyone is handling it well, calm and peaceful and I think a bit bummed.  Some even went on out to Little Hands to do a bit more work there this afternoon.  
Perhaps my family will just come to Washington instead of going home to Georgia for the rest of our time so we can get more time with this fabulous group (and I could FINALLY hold little Hudson!!)!!    

Again we will do our best to keep you as informed as possible!!

2 comments:

K'Lynn said...

What an adventure the group from Washington is having. How many people will ever have all this happen in one trip!! It will be nice to have everyone home but I wish it were under different circumstances. I'm glad they got done alll the things that they did but wish it could have been more. I'm sure they are all wishing they could stay there at least as long as they were going to if not a little longer. I know Kaitlan really enjoys doing this type of work. (Sure beats doing the same old stuff at home.) I think that if you would like to come up to Washington we would all be very happy to have you here. Thank you so much for all you have done for our group and for the Hondurians.
God bless you and keep you,
K'Lynn

Unknown said...

I had mixed emotions when I heard that our group was leaving Honduras early. I want my son Cade and the rest of the group to be safe, but I also know that the time they spent with you has been a blessing for all, and I remain thankful that they have had this opportunity. My continued prayers will be with you and please feel free to visit us anytime. By the way, I am sure Cade and Ryan loved spending time with your son. I am glad you felt comfortable with them and trusted them with him.
Kim Maldonado