Sunday, July 19, 2009

Eric

 This afternoon, passing the hospital on our way to meet friends to tour the lagoon, we saw one of our friend's motorcycles.  So we were watching for him and his family and sure enough there they were, in line outside the hospital.  
We went over to check on them and he carried his son over to show us the problem.  I almost wish I had a picture to show you just so you would understand.....but trust me, it was the saddest thing I've seen this year yet.  Poor Eric (Candido's son) his foot was so swollen around the ankle area and then some open sores.   It appeared as if some infection had set up in there. He couldn't stand on it or walk.  We will be checking in a bit to see what the one Dr on staff that they were having to wait a very long time outside in line to see says....oh oh oh....how I wish I was a Dr!!  
It made Thad and I feel so helpless and we know that is nothing for here.  Eric wasn't crying.  but he was far from himself either.  I mean this kid has ENERGY to spare generally and he was just propped up in his Daddy's arms with his Mommy watching over closely.  

Please if you will say a prayer for Candido and Wendy and their son, Eric, that the Dr was able to treat him wisely and his foot will be fine.  We will let you know what we find out later on.  

No comments: