Tuesday, July 1, 2008

WOW!!!

Well I´m at the school again, and due to the rain wasn´t able to get to the internet cafe yesterday to upload pictures. But a quick update....
Stacy is back to her usual bubbly beaming self...I mean really how else can you describe her great smile that makes everyone around her happy too? We are so thankful for whoever invented Cipro!! Nadine isn´t feeling great today, but thinks she just tried to be her old Honduran self yesterday and pushed herself a bit too hard. But other than that we are all great. We enjoyed a walk to town last night for ice cream and had a devo down there off of central park.
To quote Daddy (Jack for those that don´t know my family) We accomplished more work yesterday than we have ever seen done in one day. REALLY!! With our small group and lack of heavy laborers it is AMAZING what has been completed already. Truly...and whats amazing is the teams of help we have had. yesterday and today an entire class of the older boys have worked right along side us aswell as our trusty Santiago (one of the ministers here who is also gifted as a brick mason)! After we went to lunch yesterday and returned, the group was greeted by the teachers and some of their friends and family, and parents, plus some students that came back. Some teachers brought YUMMY snacks, others drinks and everyone worked together. A s of this morning the first wall is looking close to done (based on my non trained eye) and the second is already started.
Last night in devo Thad assured everyone not to worry if they felt like their hands were idle and the Hondurans were doing more work. Seeing the teachers, students, and parents take ownership of their school is the most wonderful blessing and something we have been working toward. Thad assured us all that building relationships was more important than building a wall!! And both are being accomplished! Stacy commented last night in devo about watching these boys work hard for hours without stopping or complaining...14-15 yr old boys...
We feel thankful and blessed!! This group is working together so well & as always I am thankful to be with them.

And to Annina parents if you are reading....she is great, and a huge asset to us. She is enjoying being reunited with old friends and is learning to cook some yummy Honduran food!! She fried Papusas for us last night for dinner as Thad and I put them together. Right now she is working hard with the girls with our sponsor project. She is a joy to be living with this summer and we are all enjoying our house overall. ALTHOUGH the monkeys calling in the jungle behind us woke she and Nadine last night....not us, we have AC in our room and cant hear anything. They live in the `wind tunnel`portion of the house that has natural AC so they could hear them. We just get the birds running into our window starting at 4am...ha ha!! So fun!!!

I do have to say one more thing to give everyone an idea of us walking to town and back. For those that live in Georgia.....I´m told my Father told my Mom when she read about the kids and I walking back from town or something `now realize Beth, when she says that, its like saying they walked up kennesaw mountain` That is an excellent comparison! So when I say we went to town for ice cream....we did, and thankfully walked it off going home!! And the night air was refreshing after a hard days work!!

10 comments:

Annina's mom said...

Thanks for including news about Annina. We are happy to know she's doing well and being useful. Cooking????!!!! Great! Please tell her that her international text messaging is ok to use. Thanks. Monica & Jimmy Spencer

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being so descriptive with your blog. It makes me feel like I am there with you. I am so glad that Alison is not on your sick list we pray for you all every day that you stay healthy and productive. Tell Alison we said "Hi, and love you bunches! Have fun with all of your new and old friends"

Anonymous said...

We Love you all! Tell Everyone Hello for us! Our heart and prayers are with you all. We miss Trujillo, the people and how happy we are when we're there!

Love,
Jared and Brittany

Grandmama Beth said...

Tell John Mark that I will expect him to walk the Silver Comet Trail with Papa and MaryKyle and me when he gets back here! Tell both of them that the doe and baby fawn have been back several times.
I'm still in "on call" status for heading to Nashville. I think Papa may be right about this new grandson being born on the 4th of July! I told Brian that I would bring some bunting to wrap him in!
I love and miss all of you, especially Papa! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let all of you know that we are praying for you guys.
(Rachel, I love reading your stories each day!)
Love, Jane Clark

Patty said...

I am surprised that the roosters don't keep you awake. I have never understood why Honduran roosters crow all night, rather than at sunrise. I am so glad you are having such a good time. I am also happy to hear that they are bringing Villa Brinkley back to its former glory. I do so love that place.

Patty

Anonymous said...

Hey - just got word about the "blog" site and was thrilled to read about everyone and what is going on there. WISH WE WERE THERE!! Please give Isabel and her family our love, as well as Emilson, his family, Santiago, Candido, Marel and Angela, Betty and Carlos, .....just everyone!
Tina and Ken Dickerson

Anonymous said...

OK, Melissa finally figured out for me how to add to the blog. We read and appreciate every word (Now I can read the comments, too!) and have NOT forgotten you, Laura! We're all ok. Adam is having an MRI and other tests soon, we have started walking again (Daddy/Johnny actually went with us!), and the job search continues.

Sue (friend) had last-minute tickets to see "Oklahoma," so the kids & I trekked to the FOX-an adventure in itself, if you know how (NOT) used to driving to Atlanta I am. The music, actors, and ballet dancing was incredible-then at Quizno's,we saw "Curly" (the male lead), other actors, & musicians.

Melissa and I spent 1/2 a day & got coated w/ fiberglass getting your tv hooked up again, Laura !:)See-we really do love you!
I reach for the phone, Nelda, but you're not there- I miss all of you!

Love, Lori Katrina & family

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the team is involved in some great work!

And yes, Stacy has a profound effect on those around with her spirit. She always has. And she's passed it on to those sweet boys of ours.

Please tell them that Jack, Ty, and I love them very much and that we're having a great time.

Ricky

Anonymous said...

Update - No baby progress, but I went ahead and asked Mom to come up yesterday after having irregular contractions for 4 hours. Figured if I asked her to come the contractions would stop (they pretty much did) and if I didn't ask her to come I'd end up calling for her a 1 am (I really did not like the idea of her on the road alone in the middle of the night). So, I went with the first plan and she's here now. Of course, now we'll probably all just be sitting around until the 10th! Love you all!
LB