Thursday, July 10, 2008

whew...a day in the life

nothing is easy it seems. This is my second attempt this week to upload pictures. I was so proud the other day while Thad was enroute to San Pedro Sula with the team, the kids and I ventured down the mountain to the internet cafe (With Annina and Nadine as well). I remembered the camera so that I could stick in the memory stick and upload the pictures. Just after I sat down logged on and finally got everything pulled up MaryKyle was crying she had to go to the restroom...argghhh....closest one was back in town, about a 10 min walk from the cafe...so we quickly walked up there and of course by the time we got there, she didnt have to go anymore. So back down we went back the cafe...only for me to start all over again and discover I couldnt use just my memory stick, I had to have a USB and I had left that up at our house...argghh!! So I started to type a blog and what next....John Mark started crying to go the restroom (and yes I had asked him while there if he would try) so I gave up and we headed back up to El Centro to the restroom and did our grocery shopping...ha ha!! such the Mommy moment.



In cooking, I always thought it odd that Honduran women bought groceries almost day to day...sometimes meal to meal...crazy to me that generally purchases weeks at a time. BUT now that we have experienced numerous power outages, one being an all day affair and the freezer defrosted and such...you learn why day to day shopping makes sense...oh if only our apartment was closer to the shops and groceries instead of up the mountain...ha ha!! Good exercise though, so I am NOT complaining!!!



We have had a couple of days without water...well some here and there. On Tuesday we went most all day without, then it came on in the night. So I got up had my shower Wed morning and then Thad got in (Pablo and Thad are the same person for anyone who doesnt realize he goes by his middle name translated here) and a few minutes later he is standing in our room with his swimming trunks on COVERED in suds....the water went off on him just after he soaped up...ha ha!! Fortunately there is a pool at the hote so he went and jumped in.



Trying to get our laundry done when the hotel is using the machine and when there is water has been a bit tricky this week, but we get enough done to wear so no worries there, we just are always looking out our window to see if we can toss a load in or not.

to top it off just as I finished that last sentence, my computer here at the cafe froze and shut down and it took about 10 min for the lady to decide what to do about it...so I I am going to TRY and post pic now so I can get some one before i for some reason cant do anything

No comments: