Monday, June 30, 2008

Home again home again jiggedy jog

byRaquel

no pictures right now, i´m at the school and the connection is VERY slow, plus there is rain and that means the connection might cut off, so I will try later to get down the mountain to the internet cafe!

let´s see...it might help if I went back and read what all `Pablo`has written, however I`m worried I will lose my connection, so I will just write whatI know and not worry about that so sorry for any repeats!
Coming home is what it feels like for me here. It´s just another part of my family and I am so thankful to be back among them for some bit of time.
yesterday we worshipped with the Limonal congregation. After worship there was a baptism at the beach so members from all the local congregations came together after their services to witness this baptism.It was a lady a mission group from California had been studying with. It was a joyous occasion that was awesome to be able to witness! And such a unique experience at the beach singing and rejoicing with everyone gringos and hondurans alike!

While Thad was gone to SanPedro to the get the group the kids and I ventured down the mountain to shop a bit one day. On the way back up school was letting out and we passed our Friend and minister Candido on his motorcycle having left the school. he had two students on the back and he informed me that several students from the school had just been baptized, these two were two of them. But Ricky...as I know you will truly appreciate the rest of the story....
This morning as we arrived at the school we were given the official tour classroom by classroom for those that hadn´t been here before. In each room Emilson (the admininstrator) would ask do any of you sponsor children in this class and would ask the students name so he could introduce the sponsors to their kids. Well in the 4th grade (I think it was) Stacy immiately recognized their little boy and pointed and said so.....and I realized it was the boy ont he back of the motorcyle with Candido that day who had just been baptized. Needless to say it was a touching moment to say the least for Stacy!! And a good start to her week as she had a `inferma` day yesterday. Thanks to our Eagle Scout Brad who is always prepared and he shared some medicine that helped her immensely. Please continue to pray for our group as a whole to stay well.

For those that have stayed at the Brinkley hotel before, you would be amazed at the changes. Even pretty little fabric wraps for the towels. Marilee was thrilled to see her redecorated, painted, and CLEAN room!!! Whoo hooo!!

As always our group is working hard. Clayton many commented on how he could mix the concrete like a Catracho (Honduran man)...he´s a worker for sure and always willing to help!!! He even `babysat`for me yesterday helping to keep John Mark occupied while I did some work.
Alison is attending class again and improving her Spanish skills that are already great!! Marilee is our boss over the sponsor project as she has done it for 3 years now and can run the show she is keeping it organized and doing a great job keeping us all together She told me the other day riding downt he road I always forget how happy it makes me to be here! I mean how awesome is that, and really I think those of us that have been before feel jsut that as we arrive!!
Laura is loving the kids and was thrilled to get to love on a friends newborn for quite some time the other night....right in her element with kids all around her! Cole...well I think he just thinks Honduras is his second home. He is so comfortable and so happy and always willing to do WHATEVER you ask!! And everyone here loves him (but miss Ricky although are thrilled to know that Stacy is his wife)
All of us adults are well. Today we girls started on the sponsor project and finished kindergarten and first grade painting pictures (Thanks for the labels Libby, I hear it was a challenge...THANK YOU!!) . Plus we passed out the paper for the letters and already got the 8th graders letters back. It always amazes me how much effort these kids put into such things. The envelopes and letters are so beautifully decorated with wonderful notes of thanksgiving to their sponsors!! The guys starting the fun process of sifting sand, ,mixing concrete and laying block to make a permanent wall where had only been a temporary wall of heavy duty cardboard between classrooms and a main multipurpose room.

now...it´s lunch time. The group has gone back to the hotel to eat and I need to do the same. We will rest a bit and come back down to the school around 2 pm to work more on the work projects around the school.
Thank you for your prayers. I believe Chaney asked for the list of our group...it is on the right of this main page...or should be!

In our house I´ve learned to cook some Honduran syle meals and learned to cook in my oven...some banana bread, plantano bread and a cake for devo last night!! Life is good. nadine, Annina and our family are settling into our new home and enjoying becoming a little family unit here in honduras!!

Much love to all....Raquel

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not much of an update on my end . . . Dr. scheduled an induction for 7/10, but said she thinks I'll beat her to it. Hope so . . . today or tomorrow would be ideal if I could only arrange it!

Love you all -
LB

Anonymous said...

Oh boy. I hope Stacy is feeling better now...:(

I do miss all my Honduran brothers and sisters. But please make sure that they know that i think of them all the time.

My love to Stacy and Cole. I miss you two very much. Jack and Ty are doing great, but they miss you, too.

all my love,
Ricky

P.S. a big thanks to Brad for helping Stacy to get better (buena vista, my friend).

Pablo y Raquel said...

FYI - Stacy continues to feel well this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know.

Please tell Santiago that Senor Feo says hola.

Ricky