Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our House

Many have asked about our house in Trujillo...here you go...this is a look around where we lived - I'll leave out the tarantulas though, but there were PLENTY of them that would decide to show themselves when it was just myself, Annina and the kids at the house...arrgghh!! I am so glad there were no hidden cameras for you to see how Annina and I handled these delightful surprises!! Let's just say I LOVE Thad's souvenier this year he purchased for himself early on...a nice new machete!!!
Our house
Bathroom

yumminess from the market!!


Did you know that Cornflakes can "Protect your family from the Anemia" ...????!!!



You buy milk off the shelves at the store in cartons. Once it's opened it goes in the fridge. Tasted fine to me...I'm not too milk picky when it's store bought. Although we drink fresh milk in the states, I wouldn't want to in Honduras. Although I did on Roatan, but it had been boiled.

our kitchen - before we got things like a dish drain, etc And the drawers are out where I had scrubbed the droppings out of them...orginally I thought they were mouse droppings, but Thad was nice enough to point out that it could have been tarantulas....lovely!!


our 'pantry'

looking out our balcony at "the dungeon" as I called it....this is where we did our laundry when we were able to...we had to watch to see if it was unlocked though and just do it around the hotel employees doing laundry for the hotel. We were blessed to be able to use a machine though when we were able to get in there.

Our living room...and dining room (there was no kitchen table). the chairs and couch had seen better days (I swept up TONS of foam that fell our from the cushions), but they were functional. This view is looking down from Annina. Nadine, and Stephanie's room. The stairs you see going down behind the chairs are just at the kitchen 'pantry', they go down to the other room which Alfonso had planned to stay in, but there was no screen on the windows and he got eaten alive by mosquitos so that didn't work out...but it also goes to the entrance.




No comments: