Thursday, July 3, 2008

Looking out the office window

Kids playing futbol
kids sweeping floors
boys mixing concrete
boys sitting in trouble in the principals office for fighting (see the school here isn´t so different than at home)
kids reciting mathmatical equations
children singing in music class
kids laughing
teachers teaching
little girls walking hand in hand
a little boy crying for his Mommy
boys `sword fighting` with rolls of paper during recess
a team of kids practicing skits in their costumes for Bible class tomorrow
smiles...lots and lots of smiles

For those of you that sponsor kids....we just can not thank you enough!! This school is here because of you, all of the things I am seeing out my window at this moment is happening because of you, it absolutely would not be possible otherwise. These children are so precious. Every year at least one in the group comments `every child is just so adorable`
Yesterday as Nadine, Annina and I walked downtown to grocery shop ,multiple times on the street I would hear `hola Raquel` With over 300 children in the school it´s difficult to learn each ones name (although I´m working on it), but they know ours and are always squeezing to sit beside us, sit on our laps, hold our hands, etc! Even the oldest ones like to walk with us, sit with us and try to talk, bring us small gifts, etc! It is such a blessing to be surrounded by beautiful children who appreciate the `gringos` and what they provide for them. But even not being here, please know that your sacrifice truly makes a huge difference to the children

THANK YOU!!!

(FYI to those that might be interested in sponsoring www.trujillocs.org to learn more. We do have children in the school this year not yet sponsored)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you mind asking Annina if she still wants her dictionary and/or Bible? Aaron can bring it. Great to hear of so many good things happening. Keep up the good work! Monica (I've apparently forgotten my password so for now I guess I'm anonymous)

Anonymous said...

The children in Trujillo are amazing, so happy and they seem to enjoy life so much. I am so glad that things are going so well. Do you have any report on Fernando's health problems?

Anonymous said...

No Greeley update, so unless Dad has some psychic connection with him and can make it happen FAST, he's not arriving on the 4th! He's obviously not going to be my compliant and obedient child (where do I get one of those?)! At this point, I've just had to reluctantly resign myself to his arriving (when medically forced to)on the 10th. Love you all -
LB

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and wishing/praying for you to make the impact you want to during your stay. Can't wait to hear about your trip and see pictures when you return. God's speed...

--Kimberly Hay

Pablo y Raquel said...

Monica, sorry I didn't see your message until today and I'm in San Pedro. Bo, Fernando is doing very well. Thank you for asking.

Anonymous said...

Everyone from West Metro got home safely Tuesday about 8:30. I heard the word awesome quite a bit. Thanks for helping with the group so much and I hope your next couple of weeks go well too.