Monday, June 28, 2010

They are here

UPDATE:  

EVERYONE is here with no problems...if you read the other post the bridge is now reopened (talk about an instant answered prayer!!).  The van will meet up with them along the way somewhere I think.

Everyone is safe & starting the next leg of the journey!!  My only concern with the bridge being closed was lack of bathrooms on the longer route with this size of a group.  So no worries there :-)  HOORAY!!!!

Answered prayers aplenty!!  It's a beautiful day in Honduras!!!

Oh and super cool....Irma (the maker of the crafts/baskets in previous post) showed up a while ago.  I had given her a part of a book of mine on crafts to make with palm leaves.  Sure enough she figured one out and came to show me.
She took a knife from my kitchen and chopped down a palm frond and started weaving and teaching me.
'Pablo' has the camera with him or I would have taken lots of pictures.  But it's a graduated set of 3 baskets hanging on the heart of the frond.  SOOO cool!! (Sara if you are by chance reading this it's the one on the cover of our books!)
I MIGHT could make one by myself now...well with a lot more practice. Pretty cool though for sure to see it happen so quickly from the tree to hanging on my door!!  AWESOME!!

9 comments:

Stacy Gray said...

Yippee!! Tell my 2 boys and hubby that I miss them like crazy already. I know they will grow by leaps and bounds while there. Ty and I are praying every day for the team!
Love to you all,
Stacy

PS Please remind Ricky that he has a camera...please take lots of pictures:)

Unknown said...

Very thankful for the safe trip there! Tell Savanna to have a great time and we love her!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Aahh... breathing a big sigh of relief!!
It already feels like 10 days... is he on his way home, yet? :) Just kidding... Anxious to hear all the wonderful things that will come out of this next week!

Much love and many prayers...
Chaney and kids

Anonymous said...

I had no doubts that God would answer our prayers for a safe journey and landing! Many, many prayers were sent up and will continue to go up for all of you! As I sat at church yesterday and saw all of you standing before your church family a huge huge lump surfaced in my throat! The wonder of God's love that pours into hearts to both young and older, encouraged to go into all the world and teach the Gospel! Amazes me! Retell the story over, and over and over again while your there! Thank you each and everyone of you! I will keep on following your comings and goings. Take some time each night to look up to the dusky, starry, skies where you will find new challenges and blessings for all of you! HE gives you all the power!

XXOOXXOOXXOO, Beverly Aldridge

Rachel Lindsey said...

So happy all arrived safely! Please tell Jennifer & Jeremy Mills we love them and are SO proud and happy for what they are doing! Have fun! We are praying for you!!!!! Love you-Jeremy, Rachel, Jacob, Dylan & Sam Lindsey

Unknown said...

Hi,
Thanks for posting the blog and relaying our messsages. I wanted to let Jennifer and Jeremy know that we are keeping them and all of you in our prayers. I am so happy to hear everyone arrived safely! I just spoke to mom and the girls are doing well! Have a wonderful time! Love, Sarah and Paul

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post! Please share with Annina and Aaron from Tupelo that all here are keeping them and the entire team in our prayers. We thank God for the efforts of all involved.

Jimmy & Monica Spencer
Tupelo, MS

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I just got the email notice from Jack about getting a back from Irma. Sad to have missed the opportunity again.

Temple & Reuben said...

Hooray!