Thursday, June 17, 2010

Every short person needs a tall friend!

It's always nice to have a friend who is taller when you (me) happen to be shorter!  My friend Sara is taller than me.  She can reach things that I can't.
We are staying in what was Brian and Sara's 'house' while they were in Trujillo....they lived here and worked with the Little Hands Big Hearts Ministry for 2 years, but are now living back in New Hampshire (and due with their 5th little one!! HOORAY!!). But my friend Sara's presence is still around me.  A few of her beads from her lovely jewelry making are in a drawer, her hat is preserved in a bag, some of her dishes are mixed with mine for now, the lovely quilt she made for the bed on cool nights is here, her handwriting is still on the whiteboard in the kitchen and thankfully she left a hand juicer since I accidentally forgot mine that we purchased here previously in my kitchen drawer at home (so now I don't have to buy another)!!!   Last night.....her height once again came in super handy!!  You see I'm using her clothesline.  And seeing as how she's taller than me, I can't reach it very well at all.....so 'Pablo' has to hang the clothes if we want them hung neatly!!

THANKS Sara!!! 
Yes every shorter person needs a taller friend to help them out now and then!!

PS Readers please be in prayer for Rebin (seen HERE in a previous year) we don't know any details except that he is at the hospital and 'very sick'.  His father, Antonio works here, and he left at lunch with food for them and to check on things.  We will let you know, but in the meantime please pray a special prayer for Rebin's health!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, This post made me think of an old song by Randy Newman, "Nobody likes Short People", I think he was 5'4" tall so it was a joke. Hope yall are having a grand time, please say hello to all our Honduran friends.

Bo