Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Al Pacino Goes to Central America

I'm leaving tomorrow for Trujillo. I'm going with one of the elders from our church and his father to attend the school's graduation. It should be an interesting trip, because it will be my first time to drive in Honduras. We'll be navigating a few hundred miles of crater-sized potholes and dodging various barnyard animals in route from San Pedro to Trujillo. Most likely, we'll get to do this in a blinding deluge, as it is currently the rainy season.

A couple of days ago, I got an email from Emilson, the administrator of the school in Trujillo. He asked me to serve as the Godfather at the graduation ceremony. I assume this means I'm supposed to wear a pin-striped suit and do my best Italian American accent. I told Emilson that he'd made me an offer I couldn't refuse and would be happy to help him organize a crime syndicate using the Christian school as a front. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Thad. My name is Summer Cook, I am a friend of Richard Walton. He sent me your blog info because I have recently decided to take a trip to Tegucigalpa. I am coming with a group from my congregation in June. I enjoyed reading through your blog, and look forward to more. I am pretty pumped about coming to Honduras. I have never been, but have done a good deal of foriegn missions (I lived in China for 2 years). I pray that God uses you and your wife in aweseome ways!!

Pablo y Raquel said...

Thanks for visiting. Hope you have a great time in Teguc. I've not been, but my dad has. Do you know my sister, Temple? She lived in Wuhan and lives in Shanghai now, with her husband Reuben.