Tuesday, June 30, 2009

FYI


I feel like I should let Dakota's (sp??) loved ones know that he's doing great and taking care of himself.  The first picture I tried really hard to post in fact was of him helping a little boy paint today...it was so sweet. So without the pictures to show you I want to say, He's truly taking care of his leg and everyone is watching out for him. What an amazing group of kids.  Walking back the dirt road from church the other night I look over and someone else was carrying the crutches and I look and see his friends carrying him so he didn't trip in the dark on the rocks or anything...the camaraderie is great to see!! 

He has made a few buddies in the school that follow him around!!  His ice pack is in our freezer at our house.  our son took it down for him at lunch time a bit ago and it's back in the freezer now.  What a trooper, with just a great attitude, I enjoyed working on a team today with him, Kristi, Leslie, Katelyn (sp) and Mariah (who my daughter has attached herself to!!)  in the school.  

Really to all parents of the Washington gang...THANK YOU  your kids are doing great!!  I know you are concerned about them, as a parent I can appreciate that completely!  They are amazing kids with a great spirit about them and I truly am enjoying each and every minute that we are able to spend with them!!    

Some even ASKED to go back on the fenceline today (HARRRDDD  WORK!!!!!)   because they wanted to see it completed!  WOW....just wow!!  And again, THANK YOU for helping make it happen for them to do the work they are doing!!  

Also I passed on the comments left for them on the previous posts!  They loved hearing well wishes from back home!!  I hope that you will always feel welcome to do that, I just wrote down what was said and let them know that evening when I saw them again!  

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dakota- Miss your laugh & smile, but I am so proud of you! Keep working hard--you are changing lives. Have a great time and enjoy the blessing of this opportunity. Chandler & Buckley took their naps on your bed today; they are missing you! I love you and pray for you often. Love, Momma
P.S. Take care of that knee!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for these blogs. The things you write make me so proud of these kids. It actually makes me cry (Amanda would roll her eyes at that- but it does:-))Have a great evening.

Kendra

Unknown said...

Oh, a message for Amanda... Tell her the Ams just signed a 19 yr old Russian goaltender named Alexander Pechurski. That will make her smile:-)

Unknown said...

Love reading the blogs! SO many people have called to check on the group and are praying for their safety and for the work that's being done! Please tell Rod "love from Margaret and Bozley" and tell Leslie "love from the Village".

Margaret

Unknown said...

Please tell my dad (Rod) "hi" for us and that the nurse said she's 85% sure we're having a girl this time. :) Love, Amy Jason and Beckett

K'Lynn said...

Thank you for your blog.  I enjoy reading it but it does make me miss them even more.  We really do have a good group of kids and adults, I'm glad to hear that they are doing a good job for you.  Keep them busy, they went to work for the Lord and I know that all they do will be appreciated.  Please let Kaitlan know that we miss her and love her.  He sisters have wanted to sleep in her bed but it's kind of off limits. We all miss her and will be glad when she gets home.  I'm so glad to hear that you all feel safe there.  I know that God will be taking care of you and has placed all of you there for a reason.Our prayers are with you.K'Lynn

Unknown said...

Hey. This is Josh with a messeg kristi. I'm her son. I just wanted to say I love u and were having a good time here. Also Some pop culter. The Billy mays is dead.

Unknown said...

Hey. This is Josh with a messeg kristi. I'm her son. I just wanted to say I love u and were having a good time here. Also Some pop culter. The Billy mays is dead.

Andrea Mann said...

It sounds like the group from Washington is having a great time in Trujillo. I am Travis Mann's mom and am so thankful for this blog...the news on the political unrest in Honduras can be quite frightening. This blog helps to ease some of the stress because we know everyone is safe. Tell Travis we love & miss him. He is such a great kid and a blessing to many. We are keeping everyone in our prayers :)
Thanks so much,
Andrea Mann

P.S. Mason says, "Tell Travis that I love him and hope he's going to be okay." (I reassured him that Travis is fine). Aaron Morkert is staying with us for a few days...it helps keep Mason's mind off missing his big brother. :)
Kim also misses Travis and can't wait to hang out with Travis, Daniel, and KayLynn.

fran said...

Thanks so much for this blog. I have fielded several calls of concern about our group in Trujillo (I'm the secretary at church). It is great to be able to direct people to the blog so they can get updated news. We are so proud of everyone who is on this trip. I know God will use them in mighty ways. We are praying for a safe time and a quick resolve to the political situation. - Fran

Patty said...

Just think how much fun these chukdren are going to have telling their teacher 'What I Did on MY Summer Vacation'. I'm sure some of them will be accused of having a vivid imagination. I'm lighting another candle :-D